Florida Council of Chapters
The Florida Council of Chapters, an affiliate of The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), is a dynamic organization of more than 10,000 active, retired, and former officers of the uniformed services. The Council was chartered on November 18, 1970 with 20 Chapters and Clubs and now includes 44 organizations from the Florida Panhandle to the Florida Keys. Many of the groups also have Wives' Clubs that function alongside the MOAA Chapters and Clubs. COL Len Friedlander, a member of our chapter, is a Vice President of the FCOC. If you are looking for a MOAA affiliated chapter to join CLICK HERE.
The Florida Council Purpose
1. To support the goals and objectives of MOAA.
2. To promote State and National legislation that is in the interest of military retirees, active duty military members, other veterans, and their family members.
3. To keep MOAA National informed of significant matters in Florida that could affect military retirees, active duty military members, former officers, and family members.
4. To provide assistance, motivation, and counsel to Florida Council Chapters and Clubs.
5. To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and views among Florida Council Chapters and Clubs
The Council serves its Chapters and Clubs by means of Council officers' visits to the organizations, a Council newsletter, an electronic mail net (e-mail), a Web Site, quarterly Board meetings, biannual Presidents' Meetings, and an annual convention. The strength of the Council lies in the active participation in Council and Chapter/Club activities by the members and auxiliaries. Along with our Council, of the 44 MOAA Florida Chapters only 17 are winners of national MOAA's top performance award for 2016, the 5-Star Level of Excellence. We are one, and have been for the past 8 years!
- Cape Canaveral
- Halifax Area
- Kingdom of the Sun (Ocala)
- Lake & Sumter Counties
- Lee Coast
- Military Officers Association of Sarasota
- MOAA of Citrus County
- Northeast Florida (Jacksonville)
- Northwest Florida Military officers Association (Fort Walton Beach)
- Palm Beach-Martin Counties
- South Central Florida
- St. Petersburg Area
- Treasure Coast