Commemorative Partner Program
The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration
The Commemorative Partner Program is designed for federal, state and local communities, veterans' organizations and other nongovernmental organizations to assist a grateful nation in thanking and honoring our Vietnam Veterans and their families. Commemorative Partners are encouraged to participate in the Commemoration of the Vietnam War by planning and conducting events and activities that will recognize Vietnam Veterans and their families' service, valor, and sacrifice.
Events and activities should be dignified, memorable occasions that show a sensitivity and appreciation for the solemnity of war and the losses suffered by many. Commemorative Partners should communicate how their events will achieve the Congressionally-mandated objectives of the program. Events or activities should meet one or more of the Congressionally-mandated objectives of the program, and as a minimum, with an emphasis on objective one.
- To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action, for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces.
- To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To become an official Commemorative Partner, organizations must submit an application and a signed Statement of Understanding. Applications are available at www.VietnamWar50th.com under the Commemorative Partner Program tab. The approval process is usually less than 30 days after submission of a complete application and Statement of Understanding. Partners are kept informed through electronic notifications. Once approved as a Partner, the Commemoration will provide organizations with a starter kit of materials for developing and implementing their programs. Questions regarding the Commemorative Partner Program application process can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commemorative Partner Program staff looks forward to working with you and your organization in assisting a grateful nation in thanking and honoring our Vietnam Veterans and their families.